Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cinnamon crunch muesli and an important question for the readers

Cinnamon crunch muesli / Muesli crocante de canela

I have finished reading "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest", therefore finishing the Millennium Trilogy – the books are fantastic and it’s a pity that Lisbeth Salander’s adventures have come to an end. My idea now is to go for one of the classics, maybe "Moby Dick", but I’m not sure yet. That is why I ask you for suggestions: would you help me out choosing the next book I’m reading? I’m all ears. :D

Now, if you’ll excuse me, it’s rather early and I haven’t had breakfast yet – this delicious muesli with some yogurt will be perfect.

Cinnamon crunch muesli
from the gorgeous Feed Me Now

½ cup + 1 tablespoon (127g) unsalted butter
1/3 cup (58g) light brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 ¾ cups (316g) rolled oats
1 cup (150g) almonds (with skin), roughly chopped

Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
Place the butter, sugar and cinnamon in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the butter has melted and sugar dissolved. Remove from the heat, add the oats and almonds and stir to coat evenly.
Spread the mixture evenly on the prepared sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Serve with milk, yogurt or/and fruit.

Makes 16 portions

12 comments:

Alana said...

If you're looking for a classic, I highly recommend The Count of Monte Cristo. It's a complicated, but very intriguing story!

Loh-la said...

Moby dick is extraordinary - but also an investment. You will have to hold on to it for a while! And, from a fellow portuguese speaker to another, do go for the original version, in english!!! Although challenging at times (incredible compendium of sea-related terms!) it is well worth the time.

Heathercicle said...

My most favorite of all books, Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein. It's a cult classic from the early 60s. Good luck picking! I'm sure there will be so many amazing books to choose from!

The Browns said...

Count of Monte Cristo is my all-time favorite classic.

Angela said...

Io adoro i libri di Baricco, un autore Italiano.

Katrin said...

Hmmm... a classic... How about Jane Eyre?! That's one of my favourites.

Katie said...

Hi Patricia! I know they're technically not classics (yet) but the books in the Harry Potter series are by far the best I've ever read! Have you read them yet?

Anna said...

I have a couple of classics for you and also one of my alltime favorites:
classic: Anything by Oscar Wilde, in particular The importance of being Earnest.
favorite: Guernsey potato peel literary society. I had a hard time remembering that it was a book and not actual letters between friends.

Baking Diva said...

Read Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. There are so far 5 books in the series, and they are riveting. HBO has also done a TV show on the first book of the series, and it's awesome. It has been nominated for 13 Emmy awards as well. Definately check it out at Amazon!

Rivki Locker said...

this looks like a perfect breakfast. I was sad when I finished the trilogy too. So I decided to re-read them! :)

Patricia Scarpin said...

Girls, thank you for your suggestions!

Katie, I haven't read HP so far, I think it's not much my style... But I might give it a go in the future.
xx

Unknown said...

If you like kick ass female characters, check out The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

Related Posts with Thumbnails